Your video camera, whether it is expensive or cheap, should always be handled with care. Taking good care of your video camera will save you a lot of money in the long run.
- As much as possible, your video camera should not be exposed to heat for very long periods of time because it is not built for extreme temperatures.
- If you are using an analog camcorder, it is recommended that you avoid using spliced or damaged tapes.
- Regarding analog camcorders, it is highly discouraged to use tape rewinders.
- For the analog user, use tapes that are manufactured by the maker of your video camera.
Image source: FayetteMaine
Like any electronic gadget, video cameras require the utmost care for them to last longer. The following are tips for taking care of your video camera.
- Use your video camera every once in a while, not just during special occasions like birthdays, weddings or Thanksgiving.
- If you are not using your video camera, it should be stored properly. Put it in a protective bag and make sure it is in a cool and dry place.
- Use a soft brush to keep dust away from your video camera. Also ensure that liquids are kept away from it.
- Have your camera thoroughly cleaned by a trained professional at least once every two years.
Image source: GraphicsFactory